Bachelor's degree students may earn a minor in any undergraduate discipline designated by the University. Students must consult with their major advisor and also the minor supervisor.

A minor typically consists of 20 credits with C- or better and a 2.0 grade-point average in courses that the minor department approves.1

  • Courses taken on a pass/fail basis may not be used for a minor.
  • No more than 8 credits used to satisfy major requirements may be used for the minor.
  • No more than 2 courses or 8 credits may be from transfer coursework. For some minors, all courses must be taken at UNH. The department chair or coordinator is responsible for the minor and must approve any transfer coursework.
  • Some minors may have more restrictive requirements as indicated in the specific minors detailed information.
  • UNH Durham students may not pursue a minor offered by the College of Professional Studies (CPS)-Online Division.
  • UNH College of Professional Studies (CPS) Online Division students may not pursue a minor offered by a UNH Durham college.

During the student's final term, an application to declare a minor should be made to the dean to have the minor included on the academic record.

1Departments can approve a minor when a student has earned only 18 or 19 credits, provided that the student has completed a minimum of 5 courses.

View a list of current minors offered by the university.