Any student of the University may, with the approval of their advisor and the continuing consent of the instructor, audit courses at the University.
- The deadline for designating a registered course to audit is the the last day to drop without academic liability.
- The instructor will determine requirements for attendance, participation, and any written work.
- Audits appear on the academic record with a grade notation of ‘AU’; no credits are earned.
- Students who do not meet the criteria set by the instructor will be dropped from the course.
- Subsequent requests for change to audit will be by petition for variance in academic policy signed by the course instructor and approved by the student’s advisor and the student's academic dean or their designee.
- Tuition varies for audit courses; see Fees and Expenses for details.
- To request designation of a course to audit complete an Audit Course Form.