Course Numbering System
The University of New Hampshire's system of numeric designation is as follows:
- 200–299 Historical courses in Thompson School of Applied Science.
- 300–399 Reflected in Aerospace Studies (AERO) courses.
- 400–499 Introductory courses generally not carrying prerequisites and courses generally falling within University and college requirements.
- 500–599 Intermediate-level courses for undergraduate credit only.
- 600–699 Advanced-level undergraduate courses. Entrance to courses numbered 600 and above normally requires junior standing.
- 700–799 Advanced-level undergraduate courses. Ordinarily not open to freshmen and sophomores.
- 800–999 Courses that carry graduate credit only and therefore are open only to admitted or special graduate students.