Educational Reprieve

Upon petition to the Academic Standards and Advising Committee, a former UNH student who has taken no courses for five or more consecutive years may, prior to readmission to UNH, request “educational reprieve.” The procedure permits retention of the previous credit from all courses in which grades of C- or better were earned; but the former cumulative grade-point average, although retained for informational purposes on the academic record, will not be used. A new grade-point average will be started upon readmission. The notation “educational reprieve” will appear on the student’s academic record.

Note: Honors at graduation will be based on the restarted grade-point average, and provided the minimum graded semester hours have been completed at the University of New Hampshire subsequent to the reprieve.