Mathematics, Upper Level (Teacher Certification)
This Post-Baccalaureate Program is for candidates interested in pursuing teacher certification. The Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification program is designed for 21st Century Educators, providing an in-depth focus on the critical issues that are transforming the landscape of education - innovation, critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration.
Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
|Major in Math Upper Level 1|
|Introductory Level Education Courses|
|EDC 800||Introduction to Field Experience/Program Requirements||1|
|EDC 817||Managing Student Behavior||4|
|EDC 831||Aspects of Mathematics Learning||4|
|MTH 801||Probability and Statistics||4|
|Intermediate Level Education Courses|
|MTH 802||Mathematical Proof for Educators||4|
|MTH 803||Number Systems||4|
|MTH 804||Geometric Structures for Teachers||4|
|MTH 805||Calculus I||4|
|MTH 806||History of Mathematics||4|
|EDC 832||Reading and Writing in the Mathematics Content Area||4|
|Advanced Level Education Courses|
|MTH 809||Linear Algebra||4|
|MTH 808||Discrete Mathematics||4|
|MTH 807||Calculus II||4|
|EDC 834||Secondary School Mathematics Methods||4|
|EDC 885||Culminating Teaching Experience and Seminar||4|
A minimum grade of B- is required in all Major coursework.
State Certification Requirements
The following requirements must be completed in order to be recommended to the state for Teacher Certification.
- Praxis Core Academic Skills For Educators Exam required. Passing Praxis Core Exam scores, NH DOE waiver or current NH teaching certification must be submitted prior to completion of EDC 800 Introduction to Field Experience/Program Requirements to continue with clinical courses.
- Praxis II-Math Content Knowledge Exam required. Students must attempt to pass Praxis II exam prior to taking the Culminating Teaching Experience & Seminar. Passing exam scores are required for state certification.
This degree plan is a sample and does not reflect the impact of transfer credit or current course offerings. UNH CPS Online students should develop individual academic plans with their academic advisor during their first semester at UNH.
Sample Course Sequence
|EDC 800||Introduction to Field Experience/Program Requirements Nonclinical; Complete CHRC Process||1|
|MTH 801||Probability and Statistics Nonclinical||4|
|MTH 802||Mathematical Proof for Educators Nonclinical||4|
|EDC 817||Managing Student Behavior Clinical A||4|
|EDC 831||Aspects of Mathematics Learning Clinical A||4|
|MTH 803||Number Systems Nonclinical||4|
|MTH 804||Geometric Structures for Teachers Nonclinical||4|
|EDC 832||Reading and Writing in the Mathematics Content Area Clinical A||4|
|EDC 834||Secondary School Mathematics Methods Clinical A||4|
|MTH 805||Calculus I Nonclinical||4|
|MTH 806||History of Mathematics Nonclinical||4|
|EDC 885||Culminating Teaching Experience and Seminar Clinical A||4|
|MTH 808||Discrete Mathematics Nonclinical||4|
|MTH 809||Linear Algebra Nonclinical||4|
|MTH 807||Calculus II Nonclinical||4|
Note: Only 1 Clinical A course allowed per term
- Be reflective and knowledgeable about learners and are able to employ instructional methods, strategies and technologies to meet the needs of all students;
- Have a rich understanding of the subject/s that they teach;
- Employ best practices in the planning, delivery and assessment of instruction to improve learning achievement of Pre-K-12 students.