Operations Management (CPSO)
Programs: Graduate Certificate
The College of Professional Studies-Online, Business and Technology Academic Center offers a Graduate Certificate in Operations Management.
Admission requirements include a bachelor’s degree, and official transcripts.
Our greatest concern is that our graduates develop a specific set of skills and abilities.
The College’s outcome-based degree programs and curriculum:
- Provide standards to be met in demonstrating competence
- Form a base from which to design and pursue learning activities
- Foster the ability to demonstrate self-directed learning
In addition to individual student assessment and grading, learning outcomes assessment is conducted in all programs to ensure the quality of our programs and to prompt ongoing improvements in teaching and learning.
Graduate Degree Learning Outcomes
Based in our commitment to our students through our mission, vision and values, every graduate degree program at the College of Professional Studies - Online provides students with opportunities to learn and demonstrate their abilities to do the following:
- Communicate effectively—orally and written—with respect to theories, arguments, methods, and concepts, using supplemental materials and technology as appropriate.
- Disaggregate, reformulate and adapt principle ideas, techniques or methods when completing a paper or project.
- Contribute to, expand, evaluate or refine the scholarship within the field of study.
- Collaborate with diverse people and teams using elements of effective team dynamics to effectively and appropriately structure team work.
Think critically and comprehensively, particularly
- Demonstrate analytical skills needed to gather and assess information to influence data-driven decision making.
- Exhibit a conceptual understanding of the most widely applicable methodologies of decision-making; for example, employ creative problem solving for strategic planning.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, appropriate analytical models, and critical reasoning processes to evaluate evidence, select among alternatives, and generate creative options in furtherance of effective decision making.
Apply knowledge to workplace and community, particularly
- Display competency and appropriate skills for working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and orientations.
- Effectively engage in one’s broader community through various forms of outreach.
- Design and implement a project that requires the application of advanced knowledge to a practical challenge and articulate the insights gained from the experience.1
Gain specialized knowledge, particularly
- Demonstrate proficiency in specialized skills and technologies needed to participate in the intellectual and organizational aspects of one’s profession.
1 Not applicable to Graduate Certificate programs.