Business Administration and Juris Doctor Dual Degree (M.B.A./J.D.)
JD/MBA- Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration
Position yourself for career flexibility and versatility in law, business, and their intersections with dual JD/MBA degrees.
- Paul College is an AACSB-accredited business school, placing our programs among the top 5% of MBA programs worldwide.
- You will develop leadership and management skills that enable you to lead law firms, public or governmental institutions, or large corporate enterprises.
- You will save time and money, as both degrees can be completed in just 3.5 years.
- You take the same courses, taught by the same world-class faculty, and have access to the same resources as other MBA students.
- You will take core courses at UNH Manchester in the evenings. For additional flexibility, you are eligible to take electives online.
- You will collaborate with working professionals with experience in a globally diverse range of industries.
- You will have your own personal MBA program advisor and access to career development tools and services.
JD/MBA Degree Requirements
JD/MBA students start at the Law school for one year, then join our Part-Time MBA for the remainder of their law program for a total of 3.5 years. JD/MBA students can apply 9 credits towards their MBA from their LAW courses; thus, only four (4) MBA electives are needed.
- Core Classes: Core coursework will be completed at the UNH Manchester campus.
- Electives: Electives will be completed at either our Manchester or Durham campus, or online.
- Student Availability: Due to the nature of the dual degree program, JD and MBA classes are scheduled in both day and evening time slots. Therefore, the program is incompatible with full-time employment.
- GPA: Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA at graduation, and earn a B- or better in all classes.
- Residency Opportunity Available: A three-day financial residency in NYC and an international residency are available for interested JD/MBA students if the required elective is taken and additional fees are paid.
|ADMN 912||Managing Yourself & Leading Others||3|
|ADMN 919||Accounting/Financial Reporting, Budgeting, and Analysis||3|
|ADMN 926||Leveraging Technology for Competitive Advantage||3|
|ADMN 930||Financial Management/Raising and Investing Money||3|
|ADMN 940||Managing Operations||3|
|ADMN 950||Data Driven Decisions||3|
|ADMN 960||Marketing/Building Customer Value||3|
|ADMN 970||Economics of Competition||3|
|ADMN 982||Creating Winning Strategies||3|
|ADMN 901||PAUL Assessment of MBA Core Knowledge||0|
Complete a Specialized Degree Option and Four Elective Courses
Complete Seven Elective Courses
Note: JD/MBA students can apply 9 credits (LGP 920 Contracts, LGP 960 Torts, LGP 952 Property) toward their MBA from LAW courses, thus only 4 MBA electives are needed. Students also have the option to take all MBA electives.
Approved Elective Courses
|ADMN 801||The U.S. Healthcare System||3|
|ADMN 827||Hospitality Operations & Financial Metrics||3|
|ADMN 828||Hospitality Asset and Financial Management||3|
|ADMN 829||Corporate Financial Strategy||3|
|ADMN 834||Private Equity/Venture Capital||3|
|ADMN 835||Financial Institutions||3|
|ADMN 840||International Business||3|
|ADMN 841||International Management||3|
|ADMN 842||Project Management||3|
|ADMN 845||Supply Chain Management||3|
|ADMN 846||International Financial Management||3|
|ADMN 847||Human Resource Management||3|
|ADMN 852||Marketing Research||3|
|ADMN 858||Revenue Management and Pricing Strategies||3|
|ADMN 860||International Marketing||3|
|ADMN 863||Marketing Analytics||3|
|ADMN 864||New Product Development||3|
|ADMN 865||Digital Marketing||3|
|ADMN 872||Predictive Analytics||3|
|ADMN 873||Data Management and Visualization||3|
|ADMN 875||Prescriptive Analytics||3|
|ADMN 882||Managing Growth and Innovation||3|
|ADMN 898||Topics (Leading Organizational Change)||3|
|ADMN 898||Topics (Applied Financial Modeling & Analytics)||3|
|ADMN 898||Topics (Financial Technology & Big Data)||3|
|ADMN 898||Topics (Applied Equity Analysis and Firm Valuation)||3|
|ADMN 898||Topics (Financial Innovation and Derivatives)||3|
|ADMN 898||Topics (Consumer Behavior)||3|
|ADMN 898||Topics (Integrate Marketing Communications)||3|
|ADMN 901||PAUL Assessment of MBA Core Knowledge||0|
|ADMN 905||Corporate Consulting Project I||3|
|ADMN 953||The Social Power of Leadership in the 21 Century||3|
|ADMN 992||Special Projects and Independent Study||1-6|
*Not all approved electives are offered on a regular basis
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of content areas of business.
- Students will demonstrate ability to solve complex problems.
- Students will engage in effective team behaviors.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication behaviors.
- Students will demonstrate awareness of major challenges and opportunities of operating in a global environment.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of the ethical issues associated with managerial situations.
- Students will be able to identify complete spectrum of stakeholders affected by a business decision.
- Legal analysis and reasoning: Graduates will be able to identify, comprehend, and apply the relevant substantive and procedural laws to solve a legal issue, informed by an understanding of the diversity of viewpoints on and contexts for any issue.
- Written and oral communication: Graduates will be able to present material effectively in these formats for both objective analytical and advocacy purposes across a range of settings, including in the courtroom.
- Professionalism: Graduates will be able to act in an ethical, respectful, and self-aware manner with all other stakeholders, including clients, employers, and the court.
- Legal research: Graduates will be able to navigate and assess relevant legal authorities using appropriate tools.
- Public service: Graduates will be able to contribute productively to strengthening the justice system, with a sensitivity toward the needs of people facing societal barriers.
- Problem solving: Graduates will be able to engage in focused and pragmatic collaboration toward goals.
- Client counseling and management: Graduates will be able to provide trustworthy and responsive action upon clients’ matters.
- Factual investigation and analysis: Graduates will be able to implement a strategic plan for information-gathering, which includes the ability to iterate on the plan as needed, and evaluate the results of the information obtained.