Social Work and Juris Doctor Dual Degree (M.S.W./J.D.)
Social Work and UNH School of Law
The Department of Social Work and the School of Law at the University of New Hampshire (UNH) also offer a dual degree resulting in the JD/M.S.W. In four years, students will be able to complete two graduate degrees, a master in social work (M.S.W.) and a Juris Doctor to prepare them for a career in law and social work. For additional information regarding the social work/law dual degree course requirements, contact our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Work and Law JD/MSW Courses
Please visit this website for JD Course Requirements: http://law.unh.edu/academics/degrees/juris-doctor-degree
|SW 820||Social Welfare Policy I||3|
|SW 830||Social Work Practice I||3|
|SW 840||Implications of Race, Culture, and Oppression for Social Work Practice||3|
|SW 850||Human Behavior and the Social Environment I (HBSE I)||3|
|SW 880||Field Internship I 1||3|
|SW 860||Research Methods in Social Work||3|
|SW 831||Social Work Practice II: Practice in Small Groups and Community Organizations||3|
|SW 851||Human Behavior and the Social Environment II (HBSE II)||3|
|SW 926||Social Welfare Policy II||3|
|SW 881||Field Internship II 2||3|
|SW 930||Advanced General Practice III: Clinical Assessment and Intervention||3|
|SW 952||Human Behavior and the Social Environment III||3|
|SW 962||Data Analysis and Statistics||3|
|SW 982||Field Internship III 3||4|
|SW 931||Advanced Generalist Practice IV: Community and Administrative Practice||3|
|SW 965||Program and Practice Evaluation||3|
|SW 983||Field Internship IV 4||4|
|SW 983||Field Internship IV 5||4|
Seminar and concurrent two-day/week internship/academic year
Seminar and two-day/week internship continued from SW 880 Field Internship I
Seminar and concurrent three-day/week internship/academic year
Seminar and three-day/week internship continued from SW 982 Field Internship III
In Field IV (SW 983 Field Internship IV), students will complete an assignment that will highlight their ability to demonstrate all 9 social work competencies.
- Student demonstrates ethical and professional behavior.
- Student engages diversity and difference in practice.
- Student advances human rights and social, economic and environmental justice.
- Engage in practice informed research and research-informed practice.
- Engages in policy practice.
- Engage with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Assess individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Intervenes with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Evaluates practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.