Educational Administration & Supervision (Ed.S.)
This program, formerly the C.A.G.S. degree program, is designed for those who possess a master's degree in school administration or a master's degree in a related educational field. This program offers advanced preparation for those educators who desire careers as school superintendents, assistant superintendents, state department of education personnel, vocational education coordinators, curriculum coordinators, or educational personnel in private organizations. This program leads to certification as a superintendent in New Hampshire. It is possible to also receive certification as a principal under special circumstances.
|EDUC 964||Human Resources in Education||4|
|EDUC 968||Collective Bargaining in Public Education||4|
|EDUC 973||Policy, Politics, and Planning in Education||4|
|EDUC 977||Leadership: The District Level Administrator||4|
|EDUC 995||Independent Study (School Facilities)||4|
|Select eight credits in consultation with the program adviser 1||8|
|A student must complete a field internship and a significant field project in an approved administrative setting.||8|
A student who does not hold a master's degree in administration may be required to take specific courses as electives.
- Develop an educational mission for the educational institution in collaboration with constituencies.
- Articulate a vision of an educational institution.
- Cultivate and articulate core values.
- Demonstrate knowledge of leadership theories, the legal foundations that impact the institution including human resources, civil rights, and civil liberties, the policymaking process, planning, and evaluation.
- Gather of information about the educational community served by the educational institution.
- Efficient use of scarce resources.
- Establish procedures meet the mission, vision, and core values of the educational institution.
- Create a culture in which students are treated fairly and respectfully, which protects their rights and their dignity as individuals.
- Infuse an ethic of care for all participants in the educational institution.