Environmental Conservation and Sustainability Minor
The Environmental Conservation and Sustainability minor consists of 5 courses/20 credits, with an earned grade of C or better. No more than 8 credits used to satisfy major requirements may be used for the minor. Credit/fail courses may not be used for the minor.
20 credits total required
- Two required courses: NR 435 Contemporary Conservation Issues and Environmental Awareness and NR 437 Principles of Sustainability
- Three other courses: one course from each of the designated categories (2-4) below.
- A grade of C or better in each of the 5 courses.
- No more than 8 credits used to satisfy major requirements may be used for the minor
- Credit/fail courses may not be used for the minor.
|Contemporary Conservation Issues and Environmental Awareness|
|Principles of Sustainability|
|Select one course from each of the following categories:|
|Forest Ecosystems and Environmental Change|
|Ecology and Biogeography of New Zealand|
|Social Science and Management:|
|Introduction to our Energy System and Sustainable Energy|
|Environmental Policy, Planning and Sustainability in New Zealand|
|Law of Natural Resources and Environment|
|International Environmental Politics and Policies for the 21st Century|
|Resolving Environmental Conflicts|
|Leadership for Sustainability|
|Land Economics Perspectives: Uses, Policies, and Taxes|
|Advanced Topics in Conservation and Sustainability:|
|International Energy Topics|
|Principles of Conservation Biology|
|Restoration Ecology and Ecosystem Management in New Zealand|
|Wetland Ecology and Management|
|Sustainable Living - Global Perspectives|
|Systems Thinking for Sustainable Solutions|
|Advanced Topics in Sustainable Energy|
|Sustainable Marine Fisheries|