Accounting Minor (Manchester)
Opportunities for growth in the field of accounting continue at an impressive rate, with solid employment opportunities for anyone who qualifies for, and wants a job in the field of accounting. Students will find value in adding this minor to a major of their choice. Upon completion of the Accounting Minor, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of skills and techniques to be able to recognize transactions and how to record them
- explain and analyze the impact of transactions on an entity’s status
- pursue an expanded use of the UNH degree with options to specialize in financial recording and the ability to understand financial statements
- consider the pursuit of certifications that supplement their career potentials, such as the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
The Accounting Minor can also be used to gain financial skills in all career paths or entrepreneurial aspirations. While the minor is not all-inclusive to train or qualify students to take the CPA exam, it can be used to expose students to the basics of accounting, and may lead to further study of specialization areas in accounting. Faculty assigned to these courses offer expertise and/or certifications in the specific content areas, adding a professional distinction to the program.
For more information, contact Jeanne Gerard, minor supervisor, at Jeanne.Gerard@unh.edu.
- and an overall GPA of 2.0. grade of C
|BUS 532||Introduction to Financial Accounting||4|
|BUS 533||Introduction to Managerial Accounting||4|
|BUS 712||Accounting Information Systems||4|
|Select two courses from the following:||8|
|Adv Managerial Accounting|