A chemistry minor is achieved by taking courses with a "CHEM" label. The student must have a total of 20 credit hours in chemistry unless she/he has completed CHEM 683 Physical Chemistry I and the accompanying laboratory course (CHEM 685 Physical Chemistry Laboratory), in which case 18 credit hours suffice.
If you are interested in obtaining a Chemistry Minor, please contact the Chemistry Department Office at 603-862-1550 to be connected with the Department's Undergraduate Coordinator. He/she will meet with you to discuss your plans to minor in Chemistry.
To obtain a minor in Chemistry, you must have a total of 20 credit hours in CHEM courses. We have a variety of courses to fulfill this requirement, however the following CHEM courses are not acceptable as part of the 20 credits:
|CHEM 400||Freshman Seminar||1|
|CHEM 696||Independent Study||1-4|
& CHEM 502
|Peer-led Team Learning in Chemistry|
and Advanced Peer-led Team Leadership in Chemistry
If your degree program requires you to take Chemistry courses, but you also want to minor in Chemistry:
- No more than 8 credit hours of chemistry coursework required by the student's major may be counted toward the chemistry minor.
- The remaining credits must come from CHEM courses that are not required for the student's major.
General requirements overall for a minor:
- None of the chemistry courses for a chemistry minor can be taken on a pass/fail basis. A grade of C- or better is required in all chemistry minor coursework.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.00 is also required for all chemistry minor coursework.
- Biochemistry (BMCB) courses do not count toward a chemistry minor.
- Transfer credits can only be applied to the chemistry minor with the permission of the Chemistry Department undergraduate coordinator or chair, and only up to a maximum of 8 credit hours. The transferred courses must meet the minimum grade requirements.