Education Minor (UNHM)
Explore the field of education!
A minor in Education consists of 20 credits of UNH Education Department courses. A methods course located in another department may be counted for four of these 20 credits, e.g., ARTS 791 Art Education (Elementary) or ARTS 792 Art Education (Secondary), ENGL 792 Teaching Literature and Literacy, MATH 708 Teaching Mathematics in Grades K-8, MATH 709 Teaching of Mathematics in Grades 6-12.
- Courses used in obtaining a minor in Special Education cannot be used towards a minor in Education.
- EDUC 500 Exploring Teaching can only be counted once (four credits) towards the minor.
- No more than two transferred courses in education or a closely-related area from another college or university may be used towards a minor in Education. A three-credit course transferred from another school will count for three credits at UNH, not four credits.
- No more than 8 credits used to satisfy major requirements may be used for the minor.
- A minor in Education does NOT lead to a teaching certification.
For more information, contact Cindy Glidden, Department Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 862-2311 or Kathryn McCurdy, UNH Manchester campus, at email@example.com or (603) 641-4197.