Outdoor Recreation Management Minor
The Department of Recreation Management and Policy offers a minor in Outdoor Recreation Management (ORM). The ORM minor is designed to provide an opportunity for students outside of the RMP major to acquire well rounded knowledge related to the management of outdoor recreation resources and services. The ORM minor offers students a social science focused curriculum with a recreation management emphasis. The three required minor courses offer a solid foundation in recreation and leisure, outdoor recreation, and recreation resource management. Students select two additional courses from a variety of tailored and specialized offerings that allow students to focus on specific area(s) of knowledge and interest.
Questions about the minor may be directed to:
Dr. Michael D. Ferguson email@example.com
The Outdoor Recreation Management (ORM) minor requires students to complete five total courses (20 credits).
Three (3) Required Core Courses for the ORM minor:
|RMP 490||Recreation and Leisure in Society||4|
|RMP/OUT 515||History of Outdoor Pursuits in North America||4|
|RMP 711||Recreation Resource Management||4|
Two (2) Elective Courses from the following for the ORM minor:
|RMP 501||Recreation Services for Individuals with Disabilities||4|
|RMP 511||Issues of Wilderness and Nature in American Society||4|
|RMP 557||Program and Event Design||4|
|RMP 559||Program and Event Marketing||4|
|RMP 603||New Hampshire Ski Industry Management||4|
|RMP 661||Recreation and Event Leadership||4|
|RMP 663||Recreation and Event Management||4|
|RMP 668||Youth Culture and Programs||4|
|RMP 670||Management and Design of Recreation and Parks Facilities||4|
|RMP 680||Festival and Event Planning||4|
|RMP #730||Camp Administration and Leadership||4|
|RMP 775||Entrepreneurial and Commercial Recreation||4|
|OUT 551||Adventure Programming: Backcountry Based Experience||4|
|OUT 552||Adventure Programming: Water Based Experiences||4|
|OUT 681||Theory of Adventure Education||4|
|TOUR 400||Introduction to Tourism||4|
|TOUR 767||Social Impact Assessment||4|
- To complete the ORM minor, students must submit a Certification of Completion of Minor during their final semester at UNH to Dr. Michael D. Ferguson, Assistant Professor, Recreation Management and Policy.
- RMP 490 Recreation and Leisure in Society is a pre-requisite for some RMP courses.
- Students are responsible for checking prerequisite course requirements.
- Capacity in courses may be limited.
- The Outdoor Recreation Management Minor follows UNH's policy on minors. Following University policy, students must complete 20 semester hours with a grade of C- or better and a 2.0 grade point average.
- Courses taken on a Pass/Fail basis may not be used for the minor.
- No more than 8 credits used by a student to satisfy major requirements may be used for the minor.
- No transfer courses may be used toward the minor.