Nursing: Health Data Science (D.N.P.)
Starting in Spring 2022, the online Post Baccalaureate Doctor of Nursing Practice (PB DNP) program will offer the Health Data Science (HDS) option. The PB DNP program is focused on leadership and innovation. Graduates will meet the qualifications for ANCC Informatics Nursing Certification.
The PB DNP admits cohorts twice a year with start dates in January and August. Applicants will be scheduled for a virtual interview when their application is complete. Asynchronous courses are delivered 100% online in 8-week blocks so students may plan their own study times.
The PB DNP program has 14 foundation core courses. After completing the foundational core, students will enter the HDS option. The PB DNP program can be completed in 4.5 years or in 3.5 years with an accelerated plan of study.
Students will work with dedicated nursing faculty to design, implement and evaluate their capstone quality improvement project. Students will present their DNP project at our DNP Scholarly Symposium at the end of the program.
PB DNP: Health Data Science (HDS) program (69 credits; 1000 practicum hours)
|HDS 800||Mathematics and Statistics for Health Data Science||3|
|HDS 802||Programming in Healthcare Environments||3|
|HDS 803||Translation of Health Data||3|
|HDS 804||Health Data Systems||3|
|HDS 806||Outcomes Research||3|
|HDS 811||Health Data Science Practice||3|
|NURS 900||Foundations of Scholarly Writing & Professional Communication||3|
|NURS 907||Advanced Pharmacology & Therapeutics||3|
|NURS 908||Advanced Physiology & Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan||3|
|NURS 909||Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan||3|
|NURS 910||Genomics & Ethics||3|
|NURS 925||Leadership, Role & Collaboration||3|
|NURS 933||Applied Analytics for QI in Health Care||3|
|NURS 944||Health Promotion Theory & Population Health||3|
|NURS 947||DNP Systems Thinking Seminar I||3|
|NURS 948||DNP Systems Thinking Seminar II||3|
|NURS 949||DNP Systems Thinking Seminar III||3|
|NURS 963||Biostats and Epidemiology||3|
|NURS 964||Information Systems and Technology Improvement||3|
|NURS 967||Evidence Based Practice Methods||3|
|NURS 968||Foundations of Evidence Based Practice||3|
|NURS 969||Health Systems Policy, Economics & Financial Planning||3|
|NURS 973||Quality & Safety||3|
- Employ strategic leadership skills to shape practice environments to produce positive, patient centered, healthcare outcomes at individual and system levels.
- Serve in a healthcare leadership and change agent role as part of a diverse, complex, and patient-centered health care system.
- Act as a practice scholar to design, direct and evaluate system changes to promote safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable and patient-centered care.
- Use data analytic methods, information systems and technology to evaluate, integrate and apply knowledge that will improve programs of care, outcomes of care and care systems.
- Use translational science and analytic methods to develop, identify, implement, and evaluate best practices to improve health care and health care systems.
- Design and implement health promotion and clinical prevention strategies across the health/illness continuum to optimize health and disease management.
- Systematically use improvement methods to monitor and evaluate care processes and outcomes and applies data for continuous improvement and safety
- Advocate for social justice through policy, professional and political engagement.
- Applies leadership principles that support inter-professional practice.
- Facilitate interprofessional collaboration to implement practice models, peer review, practice guidelines, health policy, and standards of care.