Chemical Engineering (M.S.)
M.S. Admission Requirements
An applicant is expected to have completed a baccalaureate degree in chemical engineering. Students with good undergraduate records but with deficiencies in certain areas may be admitted on condition that they complete specified courses without credit to make up for their deficiencies. Applicants must submit current scores (within five years) from the general test of the Graduate Record Examination. International students are required to submit TOEFL test scores. IELTS scores are accepted on a case-by-case basis, and students must have a minimum score of 6.5.
M.S. Degree Requirements
A minimum of 30 credits, which must include:
|CHE 900||Seminar 1||1|
|CHE 913||Advanced Fluid Mechanics||3|
|CHE 915||Heat Transfer||3|
|CHE 916||Diffusive Mass Transfer||3|
|CHE 923||Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics||3|
|CHE 932||Advanced Chemical Engineering Kinetics||3|
|Select 9 course credits 2||9|
|CHE 899||Master's Thesis||6|
Can be made up of electives offered by the department or by the college. Students take electives after consulting with their adviser.
- The ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- The ability to design and conduct experiments safely, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- The ability to identify, formulate and solve chemical engineering problems.
- The ability to design a process that meets desired specifications with consideration of environmental, safety, economic and ethical criteria.
- An appreciation of contemporary issues relevant to chemical engineering.
- Completed the UNH general education/Discovery program and obtained a broad education useful to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- The ability to use computers effectively for engineering practice.
- An appreciation of professional and ethical responsibility.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- Skills to search for information in the library and on the internet.
- These skills will be used in their pursuit of lifelong learning.
- The capacity of function and work effectively alone and in a team environment.